Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year! And this year is the year of the Goat (or sheep) but anyways its my year!. Today in inspiration of Chinese New Year I thought I would take me and my Nan to Chinatown. The dancing of the dragons is happening this weekend but it was still a lovely atmosphere to be in with people handing out red envelopes for luck.

I have also decided this will be part of my photography challenge 'Just for Fun'.
Week 8- Just for fun 

While there I picked up some very yummy  Chinese food items to go with my Chinese meal I was cooking later that night.

I will say the biscuits was hard to decipher but I figured out they were a blueberry cheesecake I think but they are so yummy and in very adorable package. We brought a red bean bun that my nan looked very interested in and when warmed it was lovely. I should visit Chinatown more often really. For dinner I thought I would cook a receipe from River Cottage- Veg which was the 5 spiced Chinese winter stir-fry. And this was amazing and lovely going with my peach soda with a glass ball inside to create the fizz.

For dessert we had some peanut and sesame seed mochi. Now I love chocolate mochi so thought I would give this a try. I will say if you like peanut butter than this is your thing. I personally wouldnt be able to eat too many though but they were worth a try and different obviously.
Me and my Nan in Chinatown

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone! 

No comments: